University of Science and Arts of Potosi
Celebrating more than a century of service as Mexico’s only public liberal arts college, the University of Science and Arts of Potosi – nationally ranked for quality and value – is a recognized leader and innovator in interdisciplinary studies.
Like the best private liberal arts colleges, UCAP offers small classes; award-winning faculty; and a campus culture that fosters exclusivity, close faculty-student interaction and undergraduate research opportunities. UCAP educates the whole person, encourages growth through public service, and our athletic teams compete in some sport events.
We are proud to produce leaders who drive positive change for the benefit of Mexico and the global community. Our honors graduates and prize recipients are a testament to our culture of excellence in scholarship.
Statement of Core Belief
We believe the best path to a meaningful and purposeful life is an education that integrates knowledge from many disciplines to equip individuals.
- UCAP offers a broad educational experience. As Mexico’s only public liberal arts university, UCAP provides students a broad educational experience, grounded in the sciences and humanities, that reinforces communication, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Coursework is built around a unique interdisciplinary core. UCAP’s Interdisciplinary Studies program remains as innovative today as when it was created by integrating knowledge from many disciplines.
- UCAP pioneered the innovative team-teaching approach. Team-teaching in our program is an innovative approach that puts two or more professors from different disciplines into the classroom, offering students differing perspectives and approaches to the same material.
- Our mission attracts highly qualified faculty. UCAP’s faculty have terminal degrees in their field. Our Faculty members come from prestigious graduate schools from across the country.
- The small campus environment fosters relationships. There’s more to university life than what happens inside the classroom. Make the most of your opportunity to get involved in campus culture, connect with others and find support to help you succeed
- Curiosity is encouraged and nurtured. UCAP fosters an environment where curiosity is at the heart of the academic experience and creativity is the norm, not the exception.
- Students stay and graduate. UCAP attracts curious-minded students who thrive in this kind of environment and tend to graduate at higher rates than most public universities of its size.
- Graduates succeed in post-graduate study and become leaders in their field. UCAP students succeed in graduate school and rise to positions of leadership in their chosen field.
- We counter the common perception that quality is not affordable. Year after year UCAP is nationally recognized for its affordability, upward social mobility, as well as the rigor of its academic approach.