Anyone who knows and enjoys their content area, has good people and communication skills, and has a commitment to our youth and our society, should seriously consider teaching. Perhaps you are that special person who will shape the future and make a difference in the lives of young people. The need for competent teachers with an understanding of today’s diverse students is vital.
A great teacher knows content and knows how to teach that content in ways that engage children and young people. He or she knows how to manage a classroom full of curious minds and knows how to assess learning, making adjustments as warranted. UCAP offers the preparation needed to be one of those great teachers. The interdisciplinary approach to Liberal Arts found at UCAP is the ideal foundation for any teacher. UCAP’s nationally-accredited teacher education program offers teacher certification in the following areas: Art, Deaf Education, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, English, Instrumental Music, Mathematics, Physical Education, Science, Social Studies, and Vocal Music.
EDUCATION AND SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGY MAJORS
- Deaf Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education
- Multidisciplinary Studies
- Speech-Language Pathology
- Teacher Certification in Art
- Teacher Certification in Biology
- Teacher Certification in English
- Teacher Certification in Math
- Teacher Certification in Music
- Teacher Certification in Physical Education
- Teacher Certification in Social Studies